Armstrong A-Wing V1
✩ Looking for an Armstrong product we don’t have listed? Get in touch and we can source it for you.
The Armstrong A Wing has the most power per size of any wing on the market
The 4.5m is comparable to most 5m to 5.5m wings of other brands
£648.00 – £719.00
Buy now, pay later with
Pay in 4 interest free instalments with
When you order a SurfDek product we manufacture it specifically for you the same day. We love creating these brand new products for our customers but please contact us if you have any questions regarding fitting or sizing. We are conscious manufacturers and we can all benefit from only producing what is required. Let’s aim together to try and reduce the occurrence of having to exchange products for this reason.
Buy With Confidence
- FREE Tracked Shipping (UK + IRE) on orders over £100
- Worldwide Shipping Options Available
- Fast Dispatch
- FREE Stickers With Every SurfDek Order
- 100% Safe & Secure
You may also like…
- Pre-Loaded Leading Edge Geometry
- Sheer Web Ultra Stiff Handle Connection Points
- Dyneema Sewn In Leach Line
- Double Dacron Leading Edge Construction
- Military Grade Window Material
- Aramid Kevlar Internal and External Reinforced Load Zones and Leading Edge
- Dimension Polyant Dacron Leading Edge and Strut Material (Germany)
- Teijin T9669 D3 Triple Ripstop Canopy Material (Japan)
- Two Inflate/Deflate Valves. One On the Leading Edge and One On the Strut
- High Quality Bag Included
- 6’Coil Wrist Leash Included
- Power Link Control Bar Included
- Pump Not Included
Armstrong A-Wing Weight
- 3.5m 4.8 lbs
- 4.5m 5.4 lbs
- 5.5m 6.4 lbs
- *Weights are just the wing with no leash
Armstrong A-Wing Wind Speed
- 3.5m 17-36mph
- 4.5m 12-28mph
- 5.5m 7-21mph
- *Wind speeds for a 175 lbs rider with a variety of foil and board sizes.
Each step of the development process we were searching for the ideal balance between power and feel while reducing leading edge flex to a minimum. From SUP boards to sinkers we are confident that the A-Wing has the power and performance to get you up and riding even in light winds!
The A-Wing is powerful! This is primarily because the aerofoil section has been carefully developed so meter for meter the A-Wing is one of the most powerful wings on the market. This power makes riding easy, especially gaining enough speed to get on the foil or deep water starting a short board. Once on the fly, the balance of power between the front and rear hand is similar which makes it comfortable and less physically fatiguing for longer riding sessions.
The solid airframe of the A-Wing is the second ingredient to power and performance. We found that the stiffer airframe helps dramatically when pumping the wing for power in light winds and also holding its shape in powered conditions or jumping. The thickness of the leading edge is not only for structural stability it’s also defining the nose radius of the aerofoil section that generates the power of the wing in flight!
We refined the A-Wing design to be well balanced in a wide range of conditions. It is strong in terms of construction and durability but as light as possible in design for that perfect balance. We trimmed off all the excess fat because we could feel the difference the lighter we made it. It floats better on the front handle when riding waves or swells and feels more manoeuvrable when tacking, gybing or tricking around!
- Leading edge and strut Material – Dimension Polyant Dacron (Germany)
- Sail Material – Teijin T9669 D3 (Japan)
- The leading edge and strut have Aramid reinforced cloth on all high load and stress points
- Internal tape reinforces all seams on the leading edge and strut
- Double layer of Dacron and Aramid cloth reinforces the strut to leading edge connection
- High volume inflate and deflate valves make setup and pack down a breeze
- The leading edge and the strut, inflate and deflate separately
- Wing Bag
- Wrist Leash
- Repair Kit
- Power Link Control Bar
- Pump Sold Separately
Read the Armstrong A-Wing V1 Info Pack here
|Choose A Wing Size||
3.5m, 4.5m, 5.5m